Family Support Co-ordinator
The Leila Rose Foundation offers a Family Support Coordinator to eligible families by;
- Offering families support for the duration of their child’s illness.
- Where appropriate, accompanying the family as an objective facilitator to practitioner and/or specialist meetings.
Asking necessary questions, clarifying and explaining information from the oncology care team
- Ensuring that parents have a thorough understanding of their childs health, the diagnosis and their available options.
- Sourcing additional medical or allied health support as required for the child.
- Clarifying Leila Rose Foundation policies and helping them to understand the Foundation’s guidelines for support.
- Sourcing and connecting to other charities that may be able to offer assistance, not provided by. or in addition to the LRF.
- Advocacy to investigate, navigate and source any other diagnostic or treatment options that may be available within Australia or globally.